Upcoming Franklin Assessment Dates 2016-2017
If you have any questions regarding the state testing requirements for your student, please contact Jim Jeffreys, FHS Assessment Coordinator at 206-252-6232 or by email at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT TESTING DATES FOR 2017:
JANUARY 18 – BIOLOGY EOC RETAKE
– Students in grades 11 & 12 who have not previously passed the Biology EOC will do a retake on this date. All Grade 12 students will be pulled from classes, as well as Juniors who wish to test at this time.
JANUARY 19 – ALGEBRA EOC RETAKE
- Students in grades 11 & 12 who have not previously met standard in Math will do the Algebra EOC retake on this date. All Grade 12 students will be pulled from classes, as well as Juniors who wish to test at this time.
FEBRUARY 13 – 17: ELPA 21 TESTING
– Students who receive English Language Learning services will be assessed to measure their language proficiency. This test replaces the WELPA assessment from prior years.
MARCH 1: SAT IN THE SCHOOL DAY (JUNIORS ONLY)
- All Juniors will be taking the SAT college entrance exam with essay during the school day. All other grades will remain in regularly-scheduled classes.
MARCH 27 - 31: GRADE 10- SMARTER BALANCED ELA TEST
- All Grade 10 students will be testing in order to meet state graduation requirements in ELA. Half the grade level will be testing for two days and the other half for two more days, leaving the final day for make-ups.
APRIL 3 – 7: GRADE 11 & 12 SMARTER BALANCED ELA TEST
- Only students who have not previously met ELA college-readiness standards will be testing. We will be pulling kids from classes to complete testing in one week.
MAY 1 – 12: AP TESTING
- AP tests will be held in Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature, European History, Physics, Statistics, US Government, US History and World History. Registration for this year’s AP exams will be held in February.
MAY 15 – 19: GRADE 10 SMARTER BALANCED MATH TEST
– Grade 10 students taking Math at Algebra 2 or higher levels will be testing to meet state graduation requirements in Math. The remaining grade 10 students will take Smarter Balanced Math in their Junior year.
MAY 22 – 26: GRADE 11 SMARTER BALANCED MATH TEST
– All grade 11 students will be testing either to meet state grad requirements or college-readiness requirements. Half the grade level will be testing for two days and the other half for two more days, leaving the final day for make-ups.
JUNE 7(BIOLOGY EOC) AND JUNE 8 (MATH EOC RETAKES)
- All students taking Biology will be taking the EOC to meet state graduation requirements, as well as any Juniors and Seniors who have not previously passed that exam on June 7. For June 8, all students in Grades 11-12 who have not met state math standards will either take the Algebra or Geometry EOC test.
If you have any questions regarding the state testing requirements for your student, please contact Jim Jeffreys, FHS Assessment Coordinator at 206-252-6232 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
College Entrance Tests (ACT, COMPASS, MPT, SAT)
For questions regarding College Entrance Tests, contact your counselor for more information.
If you are a junior and have not signed up to take one of these tests, and plan to apply to a 4 year college, sign up in the Spring. Fee waivers for these tests are available (from your counselor) for students who have free or reduced lunch.
If you are a senior, plan to take the SAT or ACT once more in the Fall to make sure you have your best score available for colleges.
SAT and ACT Test Info
To sign up for the ACT and learn upcoming ACT test dates, visit the ACT Website.
To sign up for the SAT and learn upcoming SAT test dates, visit the SAT Website.
SAT and ACT Test Prep
Visit the Counseling Office Blog, under the “Testing Information” tab for more details and resources.
FHS Running Start students take the COMPASS Test. The COMPASS is an untimed, computerized test used by the community colleges to place you in the correct math and English courses.
North Seattle: https://northseattle.edu/placement-tests
Seattle Central: http://seattlecentral.edu/testing/compass.php
South Seattle: http://www.southseattle.edu/student-assessment-services/placement.aspx
Bellevue College: http://bellevuecollege.edu/enrollment/assessment/testing/#contact
For questions regarding any FHS assessments, contact Mr. Jim Jeffreys (email@example.com) or your counselor.