Weekly Newsletter | June 10
Good evening, Franklin families!
Happy Friday! We are closing in on the final days of the school year. The excitement is in the air, and we want to stay focused and committed to finishing strong. Please check your students grades and we encourage you and your student to reach out to our teachers if necessary.
Here are this week’s updates:
- June 15 – 2022 Graduation (see below)
- June 20 – Juneteenth – No School
- June 22 – Last day of school for Franklin
June – PRIDE Month
Check out these resources to Recognize, Honor and Appreciate PRIDE month and our LGBTQIA+ community members:
Class of 2022 Info
The graduation ceremony for the class of 2022 is Wednesday, June 15, at 5:00 pm at Memorial stadium. There are no tickets necessary.
Seniors received the letter linked here, with very important information about the mandatory senior checkout process on June 13 in the gym.
In addition, the mandatory graduation rehearsal will be on June 14 starting at 10:00 am in the gym.
Seniors will not be able to participate in the ceremony if they have not checked out. Reach out to your counselor for questions or unique circumstances.
Last Day of School
On Wednesday, June 22, we will follow our normal early release Wednesday schedule. Students will be dismissed at 2:20 per the normal schedule.
Attention! Incoming 9th graders
PowerUP summer program. A limited number of seats are still available.
- The program will focus on preparing scholars for high school and the mission of FHS through academic learning, building relationships and hands-on experiences.
- Students can earn a 0.5 elective credit and 10 service hours towards graduation.
- Sign up here: https://forms.gle/mT34QavwY4yBVACP6
Per district protocol, we will be collecting student devices (laptops, chargers and hotspots) at the end of the year, prior to summer break.
- Seniors will return them on June 10
- 9-11 graders will return them on June 17
Class of 2023 Fundraiser
Please help support the Class of 2023!! Your support will help our class pay for activities and events like prom, graduation, and more to come. We appreciate your donation! Thank you so much!
Weekly COVID Update
SPS has updated the middle and high school COVID-19 notification process in alignment with guidance from Public Health. Positive student and staff COVID cases are updated weekly on our district dashboard. Remember, the number of confirmed cases represent community transmission; exposures may not have occurred within our schools. The school nurse or designee will notify families when their student with a medically fragile or complex health condition has been exposed to COVID-19 in the school setting.
This week Franklin HS had 8 confirmed cases.
Information on what you can do to protect yourself and your student from COVID-19 is available here.
If there is a significant increase in cases at our school or an outbreak, more detailed information and resources will be communicated. The district’s COVID response team continues to work in partnership with Public Health to monitor cases and mitigate transmission.
- Franklin will be an SPS site for summer credit retrieval. Please reach out to your counselor for information.
- Franklin will be a host site for Summer Skills Center classes. Applications are now open. See the summer schedule and link to course descriptions and locations here: https://skillscenter.seattleschools.org/summer/
Go directly to the application here.
Right Now Needs
If you or your scholar need any support with meeting basic needs, food, clothes, school supplies, rent or utility assistance etc. please reach out to Agnes Leapai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, please continue to share your ideas, questions and feedback as we strive to model learning and growth. Have a wonderful weekend!
Quaker Admin Team