9th Grade Orientation 2022-23
September 6, 2022 at 9AM
August 24, 2022
Dear Families of incoming 9th grade students at Franklin High School,
As we prepare to start the 2022-23 school year, please allow me to formally introduce myself. My name is Dr. Joseph Williams III, and I am grateful for the opportunity to serve as the principal of Franklin High School! My core educational belief is that educators should have high expectations for ALL students because our students do not lack the capacity to learn and be successful. Therefore, I am committed to leading and supporting our amazing Franklin High School faculty and staff, as we provide your child with the academic and social emotional tools that they need to be successful, both at Franklin High School and in life! We are grateful to partner with you to realize the vision of excellence for your child at Franklin High School. It truly does take a village to raise our children. Therefore, I look forward to our collaboration during this school year in providing a safe and nurturing school environment for your child, as they start their freshman year at Franklin High School!
Please see the agenda below for the upcoming 9th grade orientation at Franklin High School:
Tuesday, September 6th
- 9:00 – 9:15 AM: Students and Families arrive to FHS and go to the auditorium
- 9:15 – 9:30 AM: Introductions & Welcome Message from Admin
- 9th grader students are dismissed to the commons to continue orientation with Link Crew at 9:30 AM until 12:00 – 1:00 PM*
- Families stay in auditorium for Q & A
- 9:30 – 10:30 AM: Family Q & A with admin, counseling, athletics, student ASB officers, and 9th grade teachers.
- 10:30 – 11:00 AM: Building tours for families (optional)
*NOTE: The Family session will conclude before student orientation. Admin and staff encourage families to allow their students to finish orientation independently.
We look forward to meeting with all of you next week!
In the best interests of our students,
Dr. Joseph Williams III
Franklin High School